Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WHAT COULD’VE BEEN

Today, in a bus home, I sat next to a gentle lady
By all signs she has aged gracefully

I watched her swipe through her smart phone
Though slow, her skills were quite spot-on

Once in a while she would glance at me warmly
The glittering glow on her aging eyes was motherly

Throughout the ride, I yearned to hear her mellow voice
But she kept to herself, only radiating a smile in silence

I couldn't help but imagine
That you could’ve possibly been her age

That you could've swiped through your smart phone
Just as she did, slowly but surely

Probably reading a loving whatsapp message
That I could’ve sent you

I couldn't help but imagine
That you could’ve possibly radiated similar warmth

I couldn’t help but imagine
What could’ve been

If death's cold grip could've spared you
A decade ago
Oh dear mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment