Popular Posts

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I WRITE.......













Relentlessly I write
Certainly not about smiles
For I know how abject poverty
Stamps a sneer on a politicians’ mouth
I sing praises not to our leaders
They lead us to lead in disloyalty
To our very own creed
Justice be our shield and defender.

I write……
Down in the ghetto terror is relayed via wire
Mungiki are guns for hire, the police are excited to fire
So hastily at the victims, you can’t judge, who’s the liar?

Relentlessly, I write……. what choice do I have?
Out in the cold a child wails, evidently out of hunger the cry is frail
The Red Cross tent is torn, yet, it’s the only shelter from the hailstorm.

Relentlessly, I write…….. hoping the wrong to right
In the village masses fight, in parliament smiles are bright
Judgment based on tribe; else you can afford a bribe.

I write……. write tirelessly, not firing aimlessly
On T.V. they call it inflation, a learned term for mass starvation
Time for mass action, property destruction, authority inaction.

What choice I’m I left?
Drank drivers can barely keep left, corrupt cops at their best
Ten people lie dead, the driver bribed around the driving test.

What choice do I have?
Of crime I’ve had enough, to write I now have the nerve
I write…….
Expecting some sanity and love, like a dove from the heavens above.

No comments:

Post a Comment