Popular Posts

Monday, January 17, 2011

A TEAR FOR THE TEAR













Now that I shed a tear
Now that I mourn the rage of a spear
Where is the vigour you once had?
Where are the promises from you I heard?
When to you my vote counted much.

Whom I thought to be my hope
Was actually the hearse driver
Whom I always feared
Whom I praised as saviour
Spectates as I die of hunger
Interweaved with an ethnic rapier.

Now that my tribe is turned to a hopper
Why aren’t you traversing in a chopper?
As you did when my hand you needed
What crime did I commit?
Now that to justice you won’t submit.

What M.O.U did I breach?
That my children wander in blood and starvation
While yours enjoy away from the commotion
Now that the nation is fragmented
What tear will you shed for the tear?

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem my dear... the element of pain in it is deep and moving. and the end what tear will you shed for the tear...... i dont know if its irony... the mix of words and the relation to us feeling for the feeling is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Namatsi for visiting my blog and becoming a follower as well. As for them they have no tear to shed, after all they aren't the victims but the perpetrators.

    ReplyDelete