Popular Posts

Friday, February 20, 2015

RECLAIM


What is it about me?
That though yearning
To be beyond reproach
I always find myself wanting
The much I strive to toe the line
The much often I trip.

Is it just about me?
Or an inherent human trait
A gene attracted to sin
That gravitates towards the obscene
That’s at home with greed
Or even gross deceit.

Why can’t I be just perfect?
A crystal-perfect image of Christ
Whom I proclaim with such potency
Only to later fall short
Of flawlessness that’s holy
Why can’t I just for once endure in His fold?

Yes, it’s true I’m just human
Prone to transgression
Weak in face of temptation
Yet, the impulse to be like Him hurts much
Much more than those petite pet sins
That threaten to expel from me, His spirit.

I yearn to reclaim my position
I ache to reclaim my soul, my salvation
Each day as if it was a brand new life
Each day as if I never did it yesterday
Each day as if there’ll never be tomorrow
I pledge to reclaim
My faith each time I tumble
For it’ll never be done

Till redemption at His second coming.

2 comments: