Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

DIVINE PURPOSE

Each morning as I arise
I keep in mind that I got a purpose
An obligation to claim my divine inheritance
So my heart and its cravings I keep in check
Shunning the allure of just a pay cheque
That may derail my divine-calling trek.

Each day I wait for Almighty’s orders
No wonder
Like a tennis ball against a brick wall
I sometimes let your advice bounce off
Then, I wait upon that spiritual opinion
Which via supplication, I turn to for instruction.

What boundless delight there is
In clarity of mind regarding my calling
Trends, swagg, in-things… lose their lure
Neither family’s nor friends’ pressure
Appeals me to seal a deal
But does the thrill of divine inheritance.

Oh! What perfect peace there is
In racing for God’s glory, not own honour
Sticking to his grace while leaning on his promise,
In divine purpose, even dry bones flourish,
Thus each day,
Like Caleb, I stick to my Mt. Hebron

No comments:

Post a Comment